Street food pop-up opens permanently in city cafe
- Credit: A & M Events
A street food pop-up has found a permanent home in a Norwich cafe.
The Street Food Box is taking over the cafe next to Epic Studios in Magdalen Street after years as a catering company.
The "dirty food" seller has been catering events at the venue since August, such as Bongo's Bingo and Soul Train.
They were recently asked to run the cafe during the day for Access To Music, which operates during the day.
The Street Food Box will continue to cater Epic Studios events but is also exploring opening in the hours between college hours and evening events.
The company was started 15 years ago and has evolved a lot over the years.
Matt Dawkins, owner of A & M Events and The Street Food Box, said: "We used to just be an event caterer...back when chocolate fountains were really popular.
- 1 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 2 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 3 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 4 Police descend on city home 'frightening the life' out of neighbours
- 5 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 6 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 7 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 8 Harry Potter-themed shop nominated for award six weeks after opening
- 9 'Proper pub grub' with a tapas twist to launch at city boozer
- 10 Dad left fuming as royal flag stolen weeks before jubilee weekend
"Then a few years ago we bought a horsebox, which became really useful during lockdown when all our bookings disappeared.
"And now we have a much more permanent home at The Street Food Box at The Platform.
"This is an amazing stepping stone for us, things have just kept progressing."
Mr Dawkins, who is based in Lowestoft, added: "What we always say is 'you'll need a napkin to eat it'. You will end up with a handful of cheese."
They will sometimes add specials to the menu, such as the current goat cheese burger, which has redcurrant jelly and goat cheese on their standard smash burger.
The pop-up announces its locations on Facebook a week prior and has previously sold in pub beer gardens, holiday camps, and activity centres.
The Street Food Box recommends ordering food ahead of a pop-up to ensure you don't miss out, this can be done on their website.
Their upcoming events at Epic Studios include Bad Manners, this weekend, and Bongo's Bingo, next weekend.
The cafe will officially open on November 27.