Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
- Credit: Archant
An independent music store in Norwich which is closing down after being squeezed out by online shopping has gone up for rent for £14,000 a year.
Chris and Anne Duarte, former owners of St George’s Music Shop, confirmed late last year they were closing. They said the pandemic had made them decide to close because of a lack of footfall.
The shop, which occupies the ground floor of 19 St George’s Street, is now for rent.
Agents Brown & Co state it is suitable for retail or office use. It offers 922 sqft and comes with a communal kitchenette and cloakroom.
The Duartes said they had been squeezed out of business by the increasing online trade worsened because of lockdown. They said at the time that 60pc of their trade came from people passing by which had been badly affected by coronavirus.
You may also want to watch:
The couple are continuing to trade until next month to see the last round of students through their music exams.
The shop specialises in classical sheet music and accessories.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work