Jewellers adorn empty shops with selfie angel wings
- Credit: Supplied
An independent jewellers in Norwich's Royal Arcade has put up large rainbow angel wings to attract more shoppers.
Sonkai is showing its support for Norwich Pride this year - by covering up some of the arcade's vacant units with large pictures of wings.
The hope is more people will come into the arcade, which still has around half of its units empty including the former Jamie's Italian.
However, owners of independent businesses in the arcade are doing their bit to make the empty shops look more attractive.
Work by artists as well as displays from vintage clothing boutique Lady B Loves have filled some of the windows along with faux flowers adorning the entrance.
You may also want to watch:
And now Sonkai is running a competition to win a £200 jewellery voucher for the best selfie with the angel wings.
Sara Sweet, co-owner of Sonkai, said: "The competition should hopefully drive some much-needed traffic into the lovely arcade. We've already had some great entries but would love the opportunity to share the joy further.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
"Come down to the Royal Arcade and choose your favourite set of wings and share your selfie on Facebook and Instagram. You must hashtag #ShowYourWings and tag @sonkaijewellers to enter."
The winner will be announced on August 2.