Jewellers adorn empty shops with selfie angel wings
- Credit: Supplied
An independent jewellers in Norwich's Royal Arcade has put up large rainbow angel wings to attract more shoppers.
Sonkai is showing its support for Norwich Pride this year - by covering up some of the arcade's vacant units with large pictures of wings.
The hope is more people will come into the arcade, which still has around half of its units empty including the former Jamie's Italian.
However, owners of independent businesses in the arcade are doing their bit to make the empty shops look more attractive.
Work by artists as well as displays from vintage clothing boutique Lady B Loves have filled some of the windows along with faux flowers adorning the entrance.
You may also want to watch:
And now Sonkai is running a competition to win a £200 jewellery voucher for the best selfie with the angel wings.
Sara Sweet, co-owner of Sonkai, said: "The competition should hopefully drive some much-needed traffic into the lovely arcade. We've already had some great entries but would love the opportunity to share the joy further.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 3 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 8 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
"Come down to the Royal Arcade and choose your favourite set of wings and share your selfie on Facebook and Instagram. You must hashtag #ShowYourWings and tag @sonkaijewellers to enter."
The winner will be announced on August 2.