Conversations 'ongoing' to find new landlord for empty city pub
- Credit: Archant
The search is still on to find a new landlord for a previously popular city pub.
The Birdcage in Pottergate was once a pillar of the city's pub scene but has been gathering dust since it closed in October 2020.
The site, which is owned by Greene King, has seen interest from a number of punters but no one has yet taken the plunge to take the venue on.
A spokesman for Greene King said: "The Birdcage is a great Norwich venue and we're hoping to get it back open at the earliest opportunity.
"We've had a number of people express an interest and conversations are ongoing about getting it back open again."
The pub closed during lockdown after the lease on the site ran out.
Writing on social media, managers of the Lanes pub wrote at the time: “It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to say goodbye to this magical building.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 4 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 5 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 6 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 7 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 8 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 9 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 10 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
“We have had the most epic time over the last 15 years but our lease is up now and we’d rather leave the party at this point with all those good memories than be booted out at last orders.”