Newborn baby and maternity photographer wins at national awards
- Credit: Rebecca Durrant Photography.
A Norfolk photographer has snapped her way to success capturing some of life’s most special moments.
Rebecca Durrant, from Rackheath, started her photography business just two years ago and already her work has been recognised on a national stage.
From “empowering” portraits of pregnant women, to newborn baby shoots and cake smashes, the 37-year-old started the business as she juggled being a mother-of-two herself.
But Ms Durrant did not expect to come in first place when she submitted four of her portraits in the newcomer category at The Newborn and Portrait Show 2022.
She said: “It is the first time I have entered the awards and I won first, second and third place.
“Nobody else scored as high as I did.
“I spoke to all of the judges and a couple of them said it is as if I have been shooting forever
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 9 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 10 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
“They said I have a talent for making the simple stunning. It’s a really rewarding job, capturing beautiful moments in someone’s life.”
The business, Rebecca Durrant Photography, has a studio at White House Farm in Sprowston..