Pets allowed in Wilko stores - but not in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
There is good news for animal lovers as Wilko is welcoming pets into its store.
Wilko chose 248 of its stores to welcome dogs inside since February 7.
Though Norwich is not on the list, city shoppers will have to travel to Dereham for the pleasure of taking their dogs inside.
Though the question has been asked: “Why not Norwich?”
An official statement from Wilko said: “The participating stores are primarily those with their own on-street entrance and exit rather than those that are, for example, located in shopping centres, which may not allow any animal guests, or where the entrance isn’t pet friendly.”
However, Norwich’s Wilko is not inside of a shopping centre.
John Elvin, a city shopper said: “It’s a real shame as it would have been nice to be able to take my dog inside rather than taking him home and coming back out again.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 10 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
“But it isn’t the end of the world as so many city shops do accept dogs.”