Theatre Royal submits plans for street-side tables and chairs
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Theatregoers could enjoy a drink in the sun before watching a show if a new application for tables and chairs outside the site is approved.
The Norwich Theatre Royal has submitted plans to put five tables with a few chairs each outside its front on Theatre Street.
The seating area, which will be socially distanced at 20m long by 1.4m wide, will be open from 8.30am until 5pm, Monday to Sunday.
Pedestrians will still have plenty of space to walk up and down the city centre street with 3.5m of pavement still available.
Commercial and visitor services director for the theatre, Stephen Wright, said: “We are currently exploring a number of ways to develop and adapt our commercial offer including the flexibility to have outdoor seating at Theatre Royal as we do so successfully at Playhouse.”
You may also want to watch:
The tables and chairs would be in situ year round.
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 8 Weekend of two halves - city pubs packed on Sunday after Saturday washout
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall