Theatre Royal submits plans for street-side tables and chairs
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Theatregoers could enjoy a drink in the sun before watching a show if a new application for tables and chairs outside the site is approved.
The Norwich Theatre Royal has submitted plans to put five tables with a few chairs each outside its front on Theatre Street.
The seating area, which will be socially distanced at 20m long by 1.4m wide, will be open from 8.30am until 5pm, Monday to Sunday.
Pedestrians will still have plenty of space to walk up and down the city centre street with 3.5m of pavement still available.
Commercial and visitor services director for the theatre, Stephen Wright, said: “We are currently exploring a number of ways to develop and adapt our commercial offer including the flexibility to have outdoor seating at Theatre Royal as we do so successfully at Playhouse.”
You may also want to watch:
The tables and chairs would be in situ year round.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 4 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 5 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 9 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 10 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike