Tesco launches new rapid delivery service in Norwich
- Credit: PA
Tesco's new rapid grocery delivery service in partnership with Uber Eats has officially launched in Norwich.
Uber Eats couriers will now deliver Tesco products ordered via the supermarket’s "Whoosh" service.
The app aims to deliver food and drinks in under 60 minutes and now covers 200 Express Stores across the UK.
Participating Norwich stores are Tesco Expresses in Earlham Road, Grove Road, Magdalen Road, and Plumstead Road.
Supermarkets are cashing in on the demand for rapid delivery that grew during the pandemic, with many signing up to food delivery platforms, including Uber Eats and Deliveroo.
Unlike other supermarkets using third party platforms, Tesco has launched its own.
Fees for deliveries are higher than those made via its traditional online grocery service.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 8 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 9 Man left with injuries after assault at city bowling alley
- 10 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
A spokesman for Tesco said: “As we work to make Tesco Whoosh available to more customers, we are pleased to partner with Uber to help us deliver the same Tesco quality and value, all within the hour.”