Odeon confirms Norwich cinema reopening date
- Credit: Archant
Cinema giant Odeon has revealed when its IMAX cinema in Norwich will be reopening.
The 14 screen site in Norwich's Riverside Retail Park will be reopening on May 17, along with the "vast majority" of the businesses' other cinemas.
But bosses will introduce strict social distancing measures and screens will be unable to be at full capacity.
Screenings will be limited, including empty seats between groups of guests and staggered start times to reduce queues in foyers.
Customers will also be encouraged to book tickets online and order pre-packaged food and drink while cash payments will no longer be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the cinemas and each screen will undergo more rigorous cleaning between shows, the company added.
Cinema-goers will also have to wear a face covering although they will be allowed to remove them to eat or drink snacks and masks will not be needed when sat in Odeon’s Costa outlets.
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 5 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 6 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 7 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 8 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 9 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school