Odeon confirms Norwich cinema reopening date
- Credit: Archant
Cinema giant Odeon has revealed when its IMAX cinema in Norwich will be reopening.
The 14 screen site in Norwich's Riverside Retail Park will be reopening on May 17, along with the "vast majority" of the businesses' other cinemas.
But bosses will introduce strict social distancing measures and screens will be unable to be at full capacity.
Screenings will be limited, including empty seats between groups of guests and staggered start times to reduce queues in foyers.
Customers will also be encouraged to book tickets online and order pre-packaged food and drink while cash payments will no longer be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the cinemas and each screen will undergo more rigorous cleaning between shows, the company added.
Cinema-goers will also have to wear a face covering although they will be allowed to remove them to eat or drink snacks and masks will not be needed when sat in Odeon’s Costa outlets.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 10 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise