Next store applies for alcohol licence to sell seasonal gifts
- Credit: Google Maps
A city centre Next store has applied for an alcohol licence for the sale of seasonal gifts.
The Next store in Hay Hill has lodged an application for the licence with Norwich City Council.
The retailer hopes to acquire a licence to provide “a range of goods and services, including the sale of alcohol (in the form of alcoholic gifts) for consumption off the premises”.
The licensing application states: “Sales of the alcoholic gifts are primarily concentrated during seasonal events such as Christmas and Mothers and Father's Day - but will also occur at other times throughout the year as appropriate.
“We operate a robust and well-established training policy for all our staff, which includes information in relation to age related sales stock.
“Alcohol will never amount to more than 1pc of the entire store's stock.”
It continues: “During the months of November and December each year there may be extended opening and licensable hours in line with other retail stores in the area.”
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
Members of the public have until October 25 to comment on the application.