Owners confirm beloved Brickmakers lease will not be renewed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
The team that has run a city pub for more than 20 years has confirmed they will not be renewing their lease.
The Brickmakers in Sprowston Road has been run by Pam South, Emma Rose and Charley South since 2003 but the team have said they are handing over the reins.
In a statement posted online, the trio said they hope that whoever takes the venue on expands the live music scene in Norwich.
The team did confirm they still plan on delivery the programme of events throughout the rest of 2022.
The statement the pub released says:
"So, we have some news. This is probably going to be the hardest post we have ever had to write but we wanted you all to hear it from us.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
"With our lease coming up for renewal next year, after a lot of deep conversations and tears we have made the decision to not renew, it is time for us to hand the reins over to someone else for the next chapter of The Brickmakers.
"We have had the most amazing twenty years here at The Brickies and we are so blessed to be able to call all our customers, bands and staff our extended family.
"We have made so many friends and had so much laughter along the way and we cannot thank you enough for all your never-ending love and support.
"We have had some very positive talks with Stonegate about the future of The Brickies and we really hope that someone will come in that will continue rocking the place for the next twenty years.
"We hope they will continue to expand the sensational Norwich live music scene and create as many happy memories as we have.
"We can’t wait to spend the rest of this year with you, we will be leaving in January 2023 so we hope to see you all between now and then for the most amazing final year.
"Lots of love, Pam, Em and Charley xx”