Letter: 'We will be back', vows city hidden gem bar
- Credit: EDP pics © 2007
Norwich bar Jurnet's, on King Street, wrote into our letters pages to reassure its supporters it will be back.
"I read with great interest the article by Danielle Champ (EDP, July 17, in the Weekend section), where she talks about budding musician Alexander Carson performing at Jurnet’s Bar 13 years ago. She states “that it was a cave for upcoming musicians”.
"I was concerned that this might give the impression that Jurnet’s no longer supports upcoming artists and is permanently closed.
"I would like to assure our many supporters that this is not the case, Jurnet’s Bar has always welcomed upcoming artists of all types and will do so again when we can reopen. Pre-pandemic many artists were performing in the bar and were enjoying great support.
"At the moment there are two main reasons why we cannot reopen. The bar suffered from a water leak, which has damaged the carpet, which had to be removed. All repairs have been completed. Unfortunately the floor is still damp, not allowing the replacement to be laid.
"A further issue is ventilation in the bar. We are informed by Norfolk County Council that we cannot reopen as the bar does not meet ventilation standards required during the pandemic.
"We would like to reopen in September but, as with everything these days, nothing is certain. Jurnet’s committee would like take this opportunity to thank everybody who has supported us and ask them to be patient.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 6 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
“We will be back.
"Keep informed on Facebook or contact us @JurnetsBarNorwich."
Secretary Jurnet’s Bar,
King Street, Norwich