City B&M store reopens this week after expansion
- Credit: Grace Piercy
A Norwich bargain store will reopen this week following an expansion.
B&M at Riverside Retail Park has almost completed its makeover to create a "bigger and better store".
Having absorbed the former Outfit store next door, the new B&M will have doubled in size to over 32,000sqft.
B&M has revealed the renovation came following feedback from customers saying they wanted a bigger store.
The store closed on Sunday for the final phase of refurbishment.
It will reopen on Friday with an even wider selection of groceries, health and beauty, homeware, DIY, games and more.
The new store will also create 20 more jobs.
- 1 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 2 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 4 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 5 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 6 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 7 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
The store manager at B&M Norwich, said: “Our colleagues have been working really hard to get the store ready for opening day, we can’t wait to get the doors open and show customers their brand new B&M store.”
The Riverside store is one of ten B&M stores in Norfolk and Waveney. There are two other stores in Norwich alone.
B&M is a British-Luxembourg business that began in Lancashire in 1978. The variety retailer has more than 700 stores in the UK.