Meet city kid Evie, 9, who runs her own owl business
- Credit: Cherished Moments Photography
Wannabe witches and wizards might dream of a life like Harry Potter's.
But nine-year-old Evie-Grace Forsdick can always find a touch of magic at home thanks to her menagerie of pet owls.
The city kid runs her own business, Evie's Owls, with the help of her dad Mark.
He said: "Evie first got her interest in owls from a book I used to read her. It was about three baby owls.
"We got Evie her first owl about 18 months ago. His name is Bill.
“She got him, raised him and trained him from a tiny chick.”
But it was when Evie and Bill began to head out that the pair realised they could do more with their bond.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 3 Dad left fuming as royal flag stolen weeks before jubilee weekend
- 4 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 7 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 8 Police descend on city home 'frightening the life' out of neighbours
- 9 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 10 WATCH: 'Brazen' thief nabs concrete post then makes off with it on bike
Mark explained: "When Evie started to fly Bill around Costessey people started to notice. They'd ask for photos and whether or not they could hold him.
"Then someone asked if Bill and Evie could come to a birthday party. I thought it'd never work because of licenses but after a quick Google it was actually pretty easy.
“We then got signs, business cards and flyers printed and Evie's Owls was launched."
Evie and her five owls now do special visits to celebrations and make news deliveries, as well as doing photo shoots, weddings and much more.
As well as Bill, Evie has Sarah, Hoot, African-spotted owlet Midnight and eagle owl Frankie.
But Evie's next event will be a special one, and will be heading to the streets of Norwich to spread the joy.
The idea came after a photo shoot with Chloe Gillian from Cherished Moments Photography, based on Sprowston Road in NR3.
Mark explained: "We had a Harry Potter-themed photo shoot and the photos were just amazing.
"It was so good that we wanted to make it more of an experience for everyone. So on Sunday we'll be taking the owls, and a couple of young witches and wizards, into Norwich to meet the public."
Cherished Moments Photography will be taking photographs during the afternoon.
You can meet the owls in Tombland from around 3pm.
Will you be heading out to see them?
For more information visit Instagram: @cherishedmoments_bychloe @evies_owls