How Next 'Boxing Day' sale will be different in Norfolk this year
- Credit: Archant
The Next Boxing Day sale is a firm fixture in many people's festive calendars, but things will be a bit different this year.
Like many other big chains, such as Aldi and M&S, bosses have decided to keep the store shut on Boxing Day.
It gives staff the chance to spend more time with their family after a tough year due to the Covid pandemic.
Normally on Boxing Day there are a huge queues outside Next branches nationwide, including in Norfolk.
Instead, customers will need to wait until Monday, December 27, to pick up the in-store bargains, with most shops opening at 6am.
For those that do not want to wait that long, the online sale starts on December 24, with Nextpay members able to access deals now.
Next has two branches in Norwich, in Hay Hill and at Riverside Retail Park, and there is also a Next Home on the outskirts of the city in Longwater Retail Park in New Costessey.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 6 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 Petition to ditch new bus lane plan gathers pace
There are two other Next shops in Norfolk, in Gapton Hall Retail Park in Great Yarmouth and Pierpoint Retail Park in King's Lynn.