How Next 'Boxing Day' sale will be different in Norfolk this year
- Credit: Archant
The Next Boxing Day sale is a firm fixture in many people's festive calendars, but things will be a bit different this year.
Like many other big chains, such as Aldi and M&S, bosses have decided to keep the store shut on Boxing Day.
It gives staff the chance to spend more time with their family after a tough year due to the Covid pandemic.
Normally on Boxing Day there are a huge queues outside Next branches nationwide, including in Norfolk.
Instead, customers will need to wait until Monday, December 27, to pick up the in-store bargains, with most shops opening at 6am.
For those that do not want to wait that long, the online sale starts on December 24, with Nextpay members able to access deals now.
Next has two branches in Norwich, in Hay Hill and at Riverside Retail Park, and there is also a Next Home on the outskirts of the city in Longwater Retail Park in New Costessey.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
There are two other Next shops in Norfolk, in Gapton Hall Retail Park in Great Yarmouth and Pierpoint Retail Park in King's Lynn.