New balloon and cake shop to open near Norwich
- Credit: Helen Kerton
A new business offering all of your party favourites in one place is set to open near Norwich.
Families are invited to the grand opening of Balloons and Bakes in Old Catton on Saturday, October 2.
The business was started by friends and neighbours Helen Kerton and Julie Wentworth, who both worked from home during lockdown.
Ms Kerton started a business selling helium balloons and only four doors down, Ms Wentworth was making and selling cakes – so the pair decided to join forces and will open their new shop in Catton Chase.
Visitors will be able to try free cupcakes and take home a balloon.
You may also want to watch:
A princess, Star Wars characters and Paw Patrol will be there throughout the day to entertain children
Ms Jerton said: “We are excited but also a bit nervous. We have both been so busy and we have had lots of late nights to get the shop open.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 5 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
“It will be a family orientated event for people to come along and see what we have to offer.”
Although the balloons are not biodegradable the business reuses balloon weights and it also recycle contact lens cases and batteries.