New owners hope to bring families back to NR3 pub
- Credit: Archant
An NR3 pub's new owners have promised to bring back families to the previously over-18s only venue.
Angel Gardens in Angel Road, will be taken over by new manager Jamie Moore and new owner Spencer Gray, after former landlord, Ian Warren, retired after almost 35 years at the helm.
Mr Moore said the pub would open to under-18s once again under his management to give the pub a community feel.
He said: "We're currently renovating the pub, adding new equipment and re-painting.
"We want to bring the community back, we've got Waterloo Park nearby so we're hoping to be somewhere where families can come after going to the park."
He added that the new regime also wanted to show live sports from football to golf in order to pull in the punters.
Retiring landlord, Mr Warren, said he felt the new owners would do a "great job" and wished them all the best.
- 1 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 3 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 4 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 5 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 6 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 7 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
He said: "We've met lots of lovely people and customers over the years.
"There have been so many great memories in this pub so it would be unfair to mention just a few.
"I will still be popping in from time to time to reminisce, we've met some lovely friends down the years."
When Mr Warren took over the pub some 35 years ago, a pint of Heineken cost just 95p, just before he left the pub it was priced at £4.40, however he remains proud to have never charged more than £5 for a pint.
He will now hold a hold a party at the pub on Saturday, June 18, from 4pm in order to celebrate his decades of running the Angel Gardens.
Music will be performed by Terry Adams, who was the first act to play the pub under Mr Warren's ownership, from 5pm to 8pm.