I'm charging it! McDonalds branch could add electric vehicle point
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A branch of McDonald's on the edge of the city could soon be home to its own electrical vehicle charging point.
Electrical company Instavolt has lodged a bid with Norwich City Council to install a single-vehicle charger at the McDonald's branch in Delft Way, close to Norwich Airport.
Should the plans get the green light, it would see the rapid charging station installed on the restaurant's forecourt.
And once permission is granted, Instavolt says the installation would take just a week to complete.
It would not, however, be the first branch of the fast food giant to benefit from the technology.
You may also want to watch:
In 2016, the A47 branch between Blofield and Brundall became just the second McDonald's in the country to add charging points.
Speaking at the time, franchisee Kevin Foley said: "The number of electric vehicles on the road is rising fast so it's important that McDonald's helps support and encourage this change."
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle