Popular pizza chain Franco Manca 'close to securing Norwich site'
- Credit: Archant
A potential new restaurant could bring "affordable sourdough pizza" to Norwich.
Franco Manca is securing a site in Norwich for its newest restaurant.
It is understood the firm is currently looking at four potential sites, Gentleman's Walk, London Street, Tombland, or Chantry Place.
The restaurant is currently in negotiations and is planned to have a spring 2022 opening.
The pizza chain is owned by the same company as The Real Greek restaurant, which opened its 20th chain this month, located in Chantry Place, Norwich.
Franco Manca was started in 1986 in Brixton Market and currently has 55 restaurants across the UK and Italy.
You may also want to watch:
The name was changed from just "Franco" after the original owner left, to "Franco Manca" meaning "Franco is missing".
The restaurant serves sourdough pizzas, alongside daily specials, as well as salads, starters, desserts, and drinks.
Join our Norfolk Food Lovers Facebook group for tasty tips and mouth-watering recipes.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans