A perfect plaice? Fish and chip shop for sale
- Credit: Everett, Masson & Furby
A Norfolk high street fish and chip shop is for sale for £475,000 with newly renovated owner's accommodation included.
Loddon Plaice, High Street, Loddon, is for sale - and you can live there too as it includes the shop and also a three-bedroom owner's home in a Grade II listed property.
Agent Everett, Masson & Furby said: "If you are looking for a solid business with plenty of scope to grow which also has the benefit of a newly renovated family sized home then this one could be for you.
"This is an ideal opportunity for someone to be able to enjoy the benefits of running a business from home."
Loddon Plaice is currently open two days a week, on Fridays and Saturdays. The agent said: "A mainstay of the town, this traditional fish and chip shop keeps its menu simple and its food tasty, catering for what people go to a good-old British fish and chip shop for.
You may also want to watch:
"The owners operate the business on a limited basis of only two days per week yet are generating a turnover of around £2,000 per week.
"With the added benefit of low operating overheads there is clearly huge scope to increase turnover and profit further should a new owner wish by extending the opening hours and menu. Having been run by the current owners for over 10 years it is now only coming onto the market as the property is far greater in size than they now need."
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
In the shop is a seating area with a breakfast bar and behind the counter, all the equipment needed including a three-pan range and four fryers.
The owner's accommodation has been newly renovated and extended throughout and features an open-plan living/dining room/kitchen with bi-fold doors to the outside.
Upstairs is a mezzanine study area, three double bedrooms with an en-suite and a family bathroom.
Outside the garden has been updated too providing a paved area for dining with raised beds and lawn as well as parking and a range of outbuildings.