Lidl announces date for new Norwich store opening
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Lidl has revealed the date it is opening one of its new supermarkets on the outskirts of Norwich.
The new outlet off Poppy Way, Postwick, will open for the first time on Thursday, July 29.
The store opening times will be between 8am-10pm, Monday to Saturdays and 10am–4pm on Sundays.
It will have an in-store bakery as well as household items such as an electric wok, sunshades and saws too for sale at discount prices in the first week.
It comes as Lidl recently earmarked 12 new locations across Norfolk and Waveney to build new stores. The firm, investing £1.3billion into the expansion, is even appealing to landowners to offer sites for stores.
Work started on the Poppy Way Lidl back in January which created 40 new jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Lidl is also building a new store in Fir Covert Road, Taverham, following planning permission being granted, creating another 40 jobs.
Lidl's regional head of property, Andrew Hodgkinson, said: “It is fantastic that we have been able to continue our investment in Norwich and enable even more of the local community access to our great quality and affordable produce."
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September