Is Woolworths coming back to Norfolk?
- Credit: IAN BURT
Is dear old Woolies set to make a comeback on the nation’s high streets?
The much-loved department store disappeared from our towns in December 2008.
Its 807 stores were famed for Pic ‘n’ Mix, Ladybird children’s clothes and selling just about everything you could think of.
Now there are hints on social media it might be set to rise again. A Twitter account today posted: “Here to save 2020! Woolworths is coming back to your high street, as a physical store!
“A couple of legal things to get sorted, but we’re full steam ahead at Woolworths HQ.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to get this right, so we need your help. What do you want at your UK #YourWoolworths?”
This lunchtime, it added Pic ‘n’ Mix would be coming back. Another tweet said “trial stores” would be opening next year.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 6 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 7 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 8 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 9 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 10 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson