Norwich-based drinks firm to deliver new autumnal cocktails to your door
- Credit: Tipsy Jar
The season of summery drinks in beer gardens may be over, but one drinks firm is offering a new autumnal cocktail menu delivered to your door.
After Eight, Autumn Fall and Dark & Stormy are some of the new delicious cocktail creations made by Norwich-based business Tipsy Jar.
After deciding to pursue her passion for mixology full-time during lockdown, demand for Laura Whatling’s alcoholic tipples have continued to soar.
Ms Whatling’s partner, Ellie Fennell, 25, who also helps out with the business said they have plenty of repeat customers who enjoy ordering bar-quality cocktails to their homes.
“Laura has come up with a new autumn menu,” said Ms Fennell. “Last year we had a few favourites, which people asked us to bring back.
“After Eight - which was popular last year – is a creamy chocolate mint cocktail with chocolate vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de menthe and Irish cream.
“We have also brought back Autumn Fall, which includes pumpkin spice, honey whisky liqueur, bourbon garnished with a cinnamon sugar stick.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 6 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 7 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
“We have our normal cocktail menu but with the seasonal menu Laura can be a bit more experimental.”
Other cocktails on the menu include the Dark & Stormy, Cold & Rainy and a Sloe Gin Forest Bramble – with a total of 10 to choose from. As well as their normal menu and non-alcoholic menu.
Despite the countries return to normality and bars reopening, Ms Fennell said people still enjoy having the choice to have cocktails delivered.
After such a successful start to the business, the pair, from Sprowston, say they will soon have some exciting news to share.
Ms Fennell added: “We launched it last week with the first full week and they have gone down really well.
“We did wonder whether this would be viable out of lockdown but it definitely is. Whether people are still nervous or they just don’t fancy going out, you can still enjoy a nice cocktail from your home.
“This has been Laura’s full-time job since last summer, which is amazing. I’m incredibly proud of her.
“She is so creative it wasn’t a surprise that she has smashed it. She ran pubs and bars for years so it was only a matter of time before she would do it herself.”
Tipsy Jar deliver to homes in NR1 to NR14. To order you can visit their website, https://tipsyjar.co.uk/.