Norwich-based drinks firm to deliver new autumnal cocktails to your door
- Credit: Tipsy Jar
The season of summery drinks in beer gardens may be over, but one drinks firm is offering a new autumnal cocktail menu delivered to your door.
After Eight, Autumn Fall and Dark & Stormy are some of the new delicious cocktail creations made by Norwich-based business Tipsy Jar.
After deciding to pursue her passion for mixology full-time during lockdown, demand for Laura Whatling’s alcoholic tipples have continued to soar.
Ms Whatling’s partner, Ellie Fennell, 25, who also helps out with the business said they have plenty of repeat customers who enjoy ordering bar-quality cocktails to their homes.
“Laura has come up with a new autumn menu,” said Ms Fennell. “Last year we had a few favourites, which people asked us to bring back.
You may also want to watch:
“After Eight - which was popular last year – is a creamy chocolate mint cocktail with chocolate vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de menthe and Irish cream.
“We have also brought back Autumn Fall, which includes pumpkin spice, honey whisky liqueur, bourbon garnished with a cinnamon sugar stick.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
“We have our normal cocktail menu but with the seasonal menu Laura can be a bit more experimental.”
Other cocktails on the menu include the Dark & Stormy, Cold & Rainy and a Sloe Gin Forest Bramble – with a total of 10 to choose from. As well as their normal menu and non-alcoholic menu.
Despite the countries return to normality and bars reopening, Ms Fennell said people still enjoy having the choice to have cocktails delivered.
After such a successful start to the business, the pair, from Sprowston, say they will soon have some exciting news to share.
Ms Fennell added: “We launched it last week with the first full week and they have gone down really well.
“We did wonder whether this would be viable out of lockdown but it definitely is. Whether people are still nervous or they just don’t fancy going out, you can still enjoy a nice cocktail from your home.
“This has been Laura’s full-time job since last summer, which is amazing. I’m incredibly proud of her.
“She is so creative it wasn’t a surprise that she has smashed it. She ran pubs and bars for years so it was only a matter of time before she would do it herself.”
Tipsy Jar deliver to homes in NR1 to NR14. To order you can visit their website, https://tipsyjar.co.uk/.