Home Bargains announces changes to festive opening hours
- Credit: Archant
Home Bargains has announced changes to its festive opening hours this year which will affect stores nationwide.
The two Norwich stores will now be closed on Boxing Day and New Year's Day for the first time.
Bosses said they made the decision as a way of saying thank you to its employees for their hard work during the pandemic.
Home Bargains will also close early on Christmas Eve at 5pm, to give its staff extra time to spend with their family and friends over the festive period.
Home Bargains was classed as an 'essential' retailer, allowing it to stay open during lockdown periods.
Other retailers have announced similar plans for more store closures this year, including Morrisons, who announced it will be closed on Boxing Day.
Norwich has a Home Bargains store in Drayton Road and another in Hall Road to the south of the city.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win