Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
Those with a sweet tooth will have something to look forward to post-lockdown as a local gelato and chocolate business opens two new stores this month.
Harris and James, which already has stores in Southwold, Aldeburgh and Sheringham, opened a fourth store at 29 Market Place in Holt at the start of the month and plans to open on the Haymarket in Norwich on April 29.
The new openings come as the business, which has been running for almost five years, sees a strong demand during lockdown, with owners deciding to open after many customers were knocking on the door while they were closed.
Commercial manager Daniel Smith said the business had opened the stores in order to prepare for the post-lockdown rush and added that the shop was keen to become a part of the community having received a warm welcome from neighbours.
He said: "We had people constantly knocking on the door in September saying 'when are you going to open?' so after that we thought 'let's get the doors open'.
You may also want to watch:
"We identified really lovely towns that we'd love to be part of and become part of fabric of the town and these are places that we love to visit ourselves.
"There's not really our sort of offering in Holt, so we thought really nice high end chocolate, gelato and coffee could really work.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
"We've been open a few weeks, and unfortunately all the lovely other shops aren't able to open at the moment, but when the high street is all open properly I think everything will bounce back tenfold.
"The other businesses have been really lovely, the newsagents next door came in on the afternoon we opened and wished us well and we gave them coffees to take away with them, so it's great we've made friends really quickly."
While the company's Holt branch will open in the former Santander bank, the new Norwich branch will open where the West Cornwall Pasty Company used to be.
Mr Smith says the Norwich store will feature all the same offering as its other shops with the addition of a 45-seater chocolate cafe.