Graffiti mural transforms Prince of Wales Road bar and takeaway
- Credit: Emily Thomson
An “eye-catching” graffiti mural has transformed the front of a Norwich bar and takeaway.
A pair of Norwich-based graffiti artists were commissioned to “go all out” and create signage for the Sherbet Lemon and Fat Fox Pizza Den on Prince of Wales Road.
Using a cherry picker the artists from Foie Gras spent all day on Friday September 3 spray painting the walls outside.
The quirky artwork is all part of owner Richard Chisnell’s vision to create a “standout” and “unique” location for drinkers in the city.
He also has plans to open a London underground themed club area downstairs.
Mr Chisnell opened Sherbet Lemon bar last month, which followed on from the success of his neighbouring pizza takeaway which opened the year before.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I wanted new signage to make the bar and takeaway stand out, because a lot of people walk down Prince of Wales Road.
“I just let the boys go crazy. I wanted to go big, like you see in Camden in London. I am really happy with it.”
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 6 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 7 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 8 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 9 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash