Another restaurant closes temporarily because of Covid
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's Gonzo's Tearoom is the latest venue to be hit by the NHS test and trace app - being forced to close down temporarily.
The London Street bar and restaurant is closed, hoping to reopen on Friday after being 'hit hard' by the app.
Brad Baxter, boss of Gonzo's, said: "We just didn't have enough staff to stay open but we are hoping to reopen on Friday. We are also refitting our kitchen so it made sense.
"We have around 40-50 staff but we need that number to operate all our rooms, it's no major drama."
Bosses of Zaks American diner restaurants, Ian Hacon and Chris Carr, thanked their customers for being patient while the Waterside venue was closed for 12 days.
"Thank you for your patience and support. You will be happy to know all the team are safe and well."
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans