Another restaurant closes temporarily because of Covid
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's Gonzo's Tearoom is the latest venue to be hit by the NHS test and trace app - being forced to close down temporarily.
The London Street bar and restaurant is closed, hoping to reopen on Friday after being 'hit hard' by the app.
Brad Baxter, boss of Gonzo's, said: "We just didn't have enough staff to stay open but we are hoping to reopen on Friday. We are also refitting our kitchen so it made sense.
"We have around 40-50 staff but we need that number to operate all our rooms, it's no major drama."
Bosses of Zaks American diner restaurants, Ian Hacon and Chris Carr, thanked their customers for being patient while the Waterside venue was closed for 12 days.
"Thank you for your patience and support. You will be happy to know all the team are safe and well."
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'