Plans for new car hire branch in central Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Car hire giant Enterprise could be set to open another branch in the centre of Norwich.
Bosses at the car rental firm have lodged plans to partially demolish the existing building, refurbish the site and build a steel-framed car wash.
If approved, it will be the third Enterprise location in the city — joining the two branches currently in Mile Cross Lane and Heigham Street.
The plans would see the firm take over the area at 147 to 155 Ber Street in Norwich.
A spokesman for the hire firm said: “Enterprise has submitted a planning application to make some changes to the site at Ber Street.
"We are currently awaiting the outcome of this application before making any further comment.
"Ber Street will be a new premises for the company, enabling us to offer more services to customers in Norwich.”
The site was previously home to Bonds Car Sales, which in 2019 was hit with complaints about faulty engines in second-hand cars sold.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
The possible Enterprise branch would employ nine full-time members of staff.