Debenhams confirms when its stores will close down for good
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Shoppers have less than a month left to bag a bargain at Debenhams in Norwich.
The Orford Place store reopened recently for its closing down sale and will be closing by May 15 along with nearly 30 other Debenhams stores across the UK.
In Suffolk, the Ipswich Debenhams is closing even earlier, on May 4, and Bury St Edmunds by May 15.
Debenhams confirmed the closure of 27 of its stores, which reopened with sales to clear stock when non-essential retailers were allowed to open again on April 12.
When the Norwich Debenhams reopened, queues formed as items went on sale for up to 70pc off.
The building went up for sale or rent before reopening, along with the Debenhams premises in King's Lynn, which did not reopen.
It comes after Debenhams was bought out of administration by fashion retailer Boohoo in a deal which did not include the physical shops or staff.
You may also want to watch:
A Debenhams spokesman said: “Time is running out for shoppers to take advantage of the incredible discounts being offered."
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 7 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears