Debenhams confirms when its stores will close down for good
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Shoppers have less than a month left to bag a bargain at Debenhams in Norwich.
The Orford Place store reopened recently for its closing down sale and will be closing by May 15 along with nearly 30 other Debenhams stores across the UK.
In Suffolk, the Ipswich Debenhams is closing even earlier, on May 4, and Bury St Edmunds by May 15.
Debenhams confirmed the closure of 27 of its stores, which reopened with sales to clear stock when non-essential retailers were allowed to open again on April 12.
When the Norwich Debenhams reopened, queues formed as items went on sale for up to 70pc off.
The building went up for sale or rent before reopening, along with the Debenhams premises in King's Lynn, which did not reopen.
It comes after Debenhams was bought out of administration by fashion retailer Boohoo in a deal which did not include the physical shops or staff.
You may also want to watch:
A Debenhams spokesman said: “Time is running out for shoppers to take advantage of the incredible discounts being offered."
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 8 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
- 9 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why