Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- Credit: Roche
Coffee chain Costa is closing its London Street cafe in Norwich with the shop unit coming up for rent.
The cafe part of the building occupying the ground floor, is for rent for £4,583 a month - which equates to £55,000 a year.
The unit, in number 48, has a ground floor area of 1,646 sqft and is situated close to the Ivy restaurant and jewellers Winsor Bishop.
Roche chartered surveyors, handling the rental, said the unit was available by way of A new full repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed.
Adrian Fennell, a partner at Roche, said he believed Costa was 'relocating.'
Costa already has around 10 outlets in Norwich, including stand- alone cafes such as in Gentleman's Walk and concessions in other stores as well as at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
This newspaper asked Costa Coffee for a comment.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 9 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans