Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- Credit: Roche
Coffee chain Costa is closing its London Street cafe in Norwich with the shop unit coming up for rent.
The cafe part of the building occupying the ground floor, is for rent for £4,583 a month - which equates to £55,000 a year.
The unit, in number 48, has a ground floor area of 1,646 sqft and is situated close to the Ivy restaurant and jewellers Winsor Bishop.
Roche chartered surveyors, handling the rental, said the unit was available by way of A new full repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed.
Adrian Fennell, a partner at Roche, said he believed Costa was 'relocating.'
Costa already has around 10 outlets in Norwich, including stand- alone cafes such as in Gentleman's Walk and concessions in other stores as well as at Norwich Airport.
This newspaper asked Costa Coffee for a comment.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 8 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid