New online marketplace with 40 local businesses is 'what Norfolk needs'
- Credit: Molly Morris
A Norwich woman has created a platform for local businesses with a new online marketplace.
Cobbled Streets was set up by Ellie, 23, in January this year at the peak of lockdown.
While she works in social housing, she did a degree in textiles and wanted to do something in the creative industry where she could support others.
She said: "I work as the middle man and provide the online platform building the bridge between suppliers and buyers."
She takes a small commission from the businesses and has more than 40 on the website.
This includes Lovingly Norfolk personalised embroidery work, Megan Welton's acrylic paintings and Stacey Knights Greeting Cards and Art.
There is also a commissions section of the shop which offers personalised embroideries, prints and couple and pet portraits.
- 1 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 4 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 5 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 8 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 9 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 10 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
She added: "We send across the UK and it has gone really well - suppliers have said that this is what Norfolk needs."
Order at cobbledstreetshop.co.uk