'Dream come true': Couple to open nail salon in city centre
- Credit: Archant
A couple are set to open a new nail salon in Norwich's Castle Meadow, having admired the spot for years.
Nails by Alex is aiming to open towards the end of July and is run by Alex and Chery Nguyen.
The couple, who moved from Dereham to Norwich, have long dreamt of running their own business and thought a spot opposite the castle would be the perfect site.
Ms Nguyen said: "It's a dream come true. For years I've walked down here and thought it would be lovely to have our own salon here, so to finally be doing the building work and getting ready to open is amazing.
"We've worked for other people before but we always hoped we'd have our own salon. I'm very passionate about what we do and I set high standards for myself, so I wanted to build a brand to be proud of."
The pair have launched the business without any loans and entirely off their own savings.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Riverside assault witness thought adults were breaking it up
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
- 5 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 6 Tributes paid to city busman Peter, the 'life and soul' of his family
- 7 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 8 Rats and mice invading walls of city homes as winter kicks in
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery