'Dream come true': Couple to open nail salon in city centre
- Credit: Archant
A couple are set to open a new nail salon in Norwich's Castle Meadow, having admired the spot for years.
Nails by Alex is aiming to open towards the end of July and is run by Alex and Chery Nguyen.
The couple, who moved from Dereham to Norwich, have long dreamt of running their own business and thought a spot opposite the castle would be the perfect site.
Ms Nguyen said: "It's a dream come true. For years I've walked down here and thought it would be lovely to have our own salon here, so to finally be doing the building work and getting ready to open is amazing.
"We've worked for other people before but we always hoped we'd have our own salon. I'm very passionate about what we do and I set high standards for myself, so I wanted to build a brand to be proud of."
You may also want to watch:
The pair have launched the business without any loans and entirely off their own savings.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11