Lobster restaurant Bourgee confirms closure
- Credit: Archant
A lobster and steak restaurant in the city centre has confirmed it has closed for good.
Bourgee in Norwich's Timberhill will not reopen having closed for the last lockdown.
A spokesman for the brand said: "Unfortunately our restaurant in Norwich has closed.
"We have a lovely venue in Chelmsford, Essex now though and another new venue opening very soon."
Bourgee opened in the Castle Quarter retail hub on November 12, 2018.
The brand described itself as "affordable luxury".
This is not the first time the brand has suffered closures, after it went into administration in 2018 and was forced to close three of its then four sites.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 4 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms