Lobster restaurant Bourgee confirms closure
- Credit: Archant
A lobster and steak restaurant in the city centre has confirmed it has closed for good.
Bourgee in Norwich's Timberhill will not reopen having closed for the last lockdown.
A spokesman for the brand said: "Unfortunately our restaurant in Norwich has closed.
"We have a lovely venue in Chelmsford, Essex now though and another new venue opening very soon."
Bourgee opened in the Castle Quarter retail hub on November 12, 2018.
You may also want to watch:
The brand described itself as "affordable luxury".
This is not the first time the brand has suffered closures, after it went into administration in 2018 and was forced to close three of its then four sites.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 9 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
- 10 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich