Pop-up bar in botanical garden hopes to return in summer
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up bar in a botanical garden in Norwich is planning to reopen this summer.
Theatre production company curious directive has submitted a licence bid to Norwich City Council for permission to host a bar in the St Simon and St Jude Church, in Elm Hill, where the organisation is based.
The temporary bar would be in operation under socially distanced measures.
A similar plan proved a hit last summer.
Jack Lowe, artistic director for curious directive, said: "We're delighted Botanical Garden Bar was so popular in 2020. It was a real lifeline for us.
You may also want to watch:
"As we recover, we're keen to welcome people back to curious directive - and we're also excited about the prospect of showcasing curious directive's theatre productions for the very first time in our making space.
"Our plays are normally touring the world, but we always develop them, from the very beginning, at 49 Elm Hill.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 6 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 10 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
"Now, with our new plans, we hope to be able to share our plays with everyone in Norwich before we go out on the road. We're looking forward to sharing more details soon - funding dependent."
The application to host performances inside the church is a year-round application.
There will be a limited number of seats for the shows - approximately 26 socially-distanced chairs - surrounding the stage.