Bus strike off
David BaleA potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.David Bale
A potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.
Under the plans staff will get a 2.73pc raise as well as a one-off payment of �125 per driver.
Pay for drivers on rest days will also increase to �8 but all other terms and conditions remain the same.
Unite, which represents First drivers, urged staff to take the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Last year First drivers in many parts of the country staged a series of day-long strikes in response to a pay freeze by the company.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes