Bus strike off
David BaleA potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.David Bale
A potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.
Under the plans staff will get a 2.73pc raise as well as a one-off payment of �125 per driver.
Pay for drivers on rest days will also increase to �8 but all other terms and conditions remain the same.
Unite, which represents First drivers, urged staff to take the deal.
Last year First drivers in many parts of the country staged a series of day-long strikes in response to a pay freeze by the company.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 How Norwich's former pubs have changed over the years