Bus strike off
David BaleA potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.David Bale
A potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.
Under the plans staff will get a 2.73pc raise as well as a one-off payment of �125 per driver.
Pay for drivers on rest days will also increase to �8 but all other terms and conditions remain the same.
Unite, which represents First drivers, urged staff to take the deal.
Last year First drivers in many parts of the country staged a series of day-long strikes in response to a pay freeze by the company.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops