Bus strike off
David BaleA potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.David Bale
A potential bus strike in Norwich has been averted after a pay offer was accepted by drivers, with 218 voting for it and 117 against.
Under the plans staff will get a 2.73pc raise as well as a one-off payment of �125 per driver.
Pay for drivers on rest days will also increase to �8 but all other terms and conditions remain the same.
Unite, which represents First drivers, urged staff to take the deal.
You may also want to watch:
Last year First drivers in many parts of the country staged a series of day-long strikes in response to a pay freeze by the company.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 4 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 5 Major city employer gives thousands of staff extra day of leave
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree