Bus fare prices rise across Norfolk
Rob GarrattThe price of bus tickets across large parts of Norfolk has crept up as one of the county's largest firms has introduced a new round of fares.First buses raised their ticket prices for journeys in and around Norwich, King's Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft from today.Rob Garratt
The price of bus tickets across large parts of Norfolk has crept up as one of the county's largest firms has introduced a new round of fares.
First buses raised their ticket prices for journeys in and around Norwich, King's Lynn, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft from today.
But as well as increasing the bulk of fares, the firm also introduced a new budget 'two stop hop' ticket in Norwich, costing 80p, which is 30p cheaper than a single fare.
Daily, two-trip and most single fares in Norwich have crept up by 10p each, while weekly tickets have increased by �1 and monthly tickets by �3.
You may also want to watch:
In King's Lynn day tickets have gone up by 10p for adults and 20p for children. Most weekly tickets have stayed set, but Terrington weekly tickets have been cut by �3 for adults and �1 for children.
In Yarmouth and Lowestoft all single and two-trip fares have gone up by 10p, while weekly tickets have increased by �1 for adults and 50p for children.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
The last round of ticket price hikes by First was in May last year. John Woods, of the Norfolk and Norwich Transport Action Group, said: 'This is a shame. The retail price index has shrunk over the last few months so people should not be expecting this rise.
'It's going to be difficult for quite a lot of people served by the buses, who are typically those with less money and no alternative.
'I am seriously surprised by this; it has not been long since they last put them up.'
For more information go to tinyurl.com/27qt5yq.