Bungay can land title by beating strugglers
NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK VETERANS: In the last full Norfolk and Suffolk Veterans League programme of the season there are several divisional titles to be decided this Sunday.
In the Premier Division Bungay Town should take the title for the first time. They needed a win at basement club Waveney.
Division Two (Central) is the tightest of all the Divisions with honours a possibility for any one of three clubs. Third-placed Yarmouth side Kings Arms Crusaders could do themselves a massive favour if they beat current leaders White Horse Seltic who need to win their last two games to make sure of taking the title.
Seltic's other remaining fixture is away to second-placed Sole Bay and any of these teams could finish in top spot.
Leaders Mulbarton need to avoid defeat in their clash at Mulberry Park with second-placed Aylsham Black Boys to be champions of Division Two (North).
You may also want to watch:
If Aylsham win though they could still pip Mulbarton on goal difference if they win their outstanding fixture at Spixworth.
In Division Three (North) Kings Head Loddon need to win at home against the unpredictable City side NALGO OB to guarantee themselves some silverware.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
Caister have already been crowned champions of Division Four (Central) but need to win at Deep Ocean to maintain the League's only 100 per cent record.
In Division Four (North) Downham Old Boys need to take at least a point at Thetford Sports & Social Club to stay in pole position – if not the hosts will swap places with them and snatch the title from under their noses.
Congratulations must go to Premier Division side Norwich Trafford on retaining the Norfolk County FA Veterans Cup. I saw them win 2-1 against Sprowston Wanderers at Norwich United's Plantation Park on Friday.