Buggy push organised in Eaton Park in Norwich
A mum of two is organising a sponsored buggy push in Norwich to raise money to help premature babies.
Elle Emanuel is now appealing for mums to sign up to take part in the fundraiser for the premature baby charity Bliss.
Mrs Emanuel, who recently moved to Newton Flotman from Essex with her husband Russ and children Hayden, four, and Mia, 15 months, came up with the idea for the buggy push because she wanted to meet other mums in the area while helping a children's cause.
The 33-year-old, of Alan Avenue, said: 'I've not had a premature baby but I know how hard it is as a parent with a newborn when they get poorly, so I can only imagine what these mums do go through when their children are in hospital. If it happened to me, or someone close to me, then it's nice to know there are people there who can give you the support.'
Bliss, the special care baby charity, offers guidance and information at a critical time in families' lives. The charity also funds ground-breaking research and campaigns for babies to receive the best possible level of care regardless of when and where they are born.
You may also want to watch:
The buggy push will be taking place in Eaton Park at 11am on Friday, June 24.
For sponsorship forms or to take part, email email@example.com or join the Bliss Buggy Push: Norwich 2011 group on the Facebook social networking site.
- 1 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 6 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 7 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 8 Water outages hit homes across city
- 9 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 10 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
PHOTO: ANGELA SHARPE