Bubble tea and fried chicken shop set to open in Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Forget tea and cake as a new bubble tea and chicken shop has been given the go-ahead for Norwich city centre.
Planning permission has been granted by Norwich City Council for a new eatery in 46 London Street.
The business will occupy the ground floor of the building which already has Siam Hair Design on the first floor and is next to Costa Coffee.
The application has been made by Mr A Chen who lives in Brandon and will serve fried chicken and bubble tea.
Mr Chen applied to change the use from financial services to cafe/restaurant back in August and it was approved on October 18.
You may also want to watch:
Conditions of the application state it cannot open between 11pm and 7am on any day as it is outside the Late Night Activity Zone in the city.
READ MORE: Alan Partridge 'kidnapped' from Norwich barHe is also not permitted to install any fume extraction system without prior approval by the council.
The former service desk and reception area will be used as a seating area and counter for serving food.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
The three former offices to the rear are to be used as a kitchen, storage area and office.