British alt-rockers Bush to play Norwich on first tour in four years
- Credit: Neil Krug
The 1990s rockers, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, judge on ITV's The Voice, visit for one of just six dates in wake of new album, Black and White Rainbows.
Nineties alt-rockers Bush, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, most recently seen as a judge on The Voice, are to play a date in Norwich.
On the back of their seventh studio album, Black and White Rainbows, the band will play the Waterfront on September 23 as part of their first European headline tour in four years.
The Norwich date is one of just six UK venues, beginning with a show at The Forum in London and taking in dates in Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow and Manchester.
Back in the mid-1990s, the London alt.rockers saw their debut album, 1994's Sixteen Stone, go six-times-platinum.
They also a big success in America, where they sold in excess of 20 million albums. Their second album, Razorblade Suitcase, hit the top of the US charts.
In Britain they were one of those bands that are simultaneously hugely popular with a dedicated fanbase, enjoying 18 Top 40 singles, but derided by critics.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 8 Mobility scooter trashed by hazardous wheelie bins
- 9 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 10 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
After breaking up following their 2001 album Garden State, the band, made up of Gavin Rossdale, guitarist Chris Traynor, bassist Corey Britz and drummer Robin Goodridge, reunited in 2010 and have since released two albums, 2011's The Sea of Memories and 2014's man on the Run.
In 2013 Gavin Rossdale received the prestigious Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement in Songwriting, which was presented to him by Coldplay's Chris Martin, and he recently joined talent show The Voice UK after its switch to ITV.
• Bush play the Waterfront, King Street, Norwich, on September 23, 6.30pm, £28, 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk