British alt-rockers Bush to play Norwich on first tour in four years
- Credit: Neil Krug
The 1990s rockers, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, judge on ITV's The Voice, visit for one of just six dates in wake of new album, Black and White Rainbows.
Nineties alt-rockers Bush, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, most recently seen as a judge on The Voice, are to play a date in Norwich.
On the back of their seventh studio album, Black and White Rainbows, the band will play the Waterfront on September 23 as part of their first European headline tour in four years.
The Norwich date is one of just six UK venues, beginning with a show at The Forum in London and taking in dates in Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow and Manchester.
Back in the mid-1990s, the London alt.rockers saw their debut album, 1994's Sixteen Stone, go six-times-platinum.
You may also want to watch:
They also a big success in America, where they sold in excess of 20 million albums. Their second album, Razorblade Suitcase, hit the top of the US charts.
In Britain they were one of those bands that are simultaneously hugely popular with a dedicated fanbase, enjoying 18 Top 40 singles, but derided by critics.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 6 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 7 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 8 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 9 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 10 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
After breaking up following their 2001 album Garden State, the band, made up of Gavin Rossdale, guitarist Chris Traynor, bassist Corey Britz and drummer Robin Goodridge, reunited in 2010 and have since released two albums, 2011's The Sea of Memories and 2014's man on the Run.
In 2013 Gavin Rossdale received the prestigious Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement in Songwriting, which was presented to him by Coldplay's Chris Martin, and he recently joined talent show The Voice UK after its switch to ITV.
• Bush play the Waterfront, King Street, Norwich, on September 23, 6.30pm, £28, 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk