British alt-rockers Bush to play Norwich on first tour in four years
- Credit: Neil Krug
The 1990s rockers, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, judge on ITV's The Voice, visit for one of just six dates in wake of new album, Black and White Rainbows.
Nineties alt-rockers Bush, fronted by Gavin Rossdale, most recently seen as a judge on The Voice, are to play a date in Norwich.
On the back of their seventh studio album, Black and White Rainbows, the band will play the Waterfront on September 23 as part of their first European headline tour in four years.
The Norwich date is one of just six UK venues, beginning with a show at The Forum in London and taking in dates in Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow and Manchester.
Back in the mid-1990s, the London alt.rockers saw their debut album, 1994's Sixteen Stone, go six-times-platinum.
You may also want to watch:
They also a big success in America, where they sold in excess of 20 million albums. Their second album, Razorblade Suitcase, hit the top of the US charts.
In Britain they were one of those bands that are simultaneously hugely popular with a dedicated fanbase, enjoying 18 Top 40 singles, but derided by critics.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
After breaking up following their 2001 album Garden State, the band, made up of Gavin Rossdale, guitarist Chris Traynor, bassist Corey Britz and drummer Robin Goodridge, reunited in 2010 and have since released two albums, 2011's The Sea of Memories and 2014's man on the Run.
In 2013 Gavin Rossdale received the prestigious Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement in Songwriting, which was presented to him by Coldplay's Chris Martin, and he recently joined talent show The Voice UK after its switch to ITV.
• Bush play the Waterfront, King Street, Norwich, on September 23, 6.30pm, £28, 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk