Britain in Bloom judges take a tour of city blooms and open spaces
- Credit: JULIE BROCIEK-COULTON
Judges had a tour of green spaces in the running for a national horticultural award.
Britain in Bloom experts were shown around different areas of Norwich by the volunteer-led group Friends of Norwich in Bloom.
The organisation has been invited as a finalist to take part in Britain in Bloom.
It was selected from more than 4,000 other in bloom groups.
Results for the national horticultural contest will be announced on October 18 in Belfast.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Brociek-Coulton, competition organiser for the friends of Norwich in Bloom, said: 'The judges were impressed by the amount of community support in Norwich. Without volunteers where would we be?'
The tour took in Café Britannia on Britannia Road, Grapes Hill Community Garden, Plantation Garden, Eaton Park, Edith Cavell Academy, Westlegate and All Saints' Church, the Great Hospital, Maids Head Hotel, and the Adam and Eve pub.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city