Britain in Bloom judges take a tour of city blooms and open spaces
- Credit: JULIE BROCIEK-COULTON
Judges had a tour of green spaces in the running for a national horticultural award.
Britain in Bloom experts were shown around different areas of Norwich by the volunteer-led group Friends of Norwich in Bloom.
The organisation has been invited as a finalist to take part in Britain in Bloom.
It was selected from more than 4,000 other in bloom groups.
Results for the national horticultural contest will be announced on October 18 in Belfast.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Brociek-Coulton, competition organiser for the friends of Norwich in Bloom, said: 'The judges were impressed by the amount of community support in Norwich. Without volunteers where would we be?'
The tour took in Café Britannia on Britannia Road, Grapes Hill Community Garden, Plantation Garden, Eaton Park, Edith Cavell Academy, Westlegate and All Saints' Church, the Great Hospital, Maids Head Hotel, and the Adam and Eve pub.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 8 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns