Bring the outdoors inside
Forget about the risk of rain in Norwich, bring the outside in and enjoy garden life in your home, says EMMA HARROWING.
You don't have to wait until the summer to enjoy your garden, as natural materials, bird motifs and florals are fashionable for the home at the moment.
It's a trend that surfaces every year but this time bringing the outside in means a lot more than just laying a wooden floor and putting a few plants in pots.
The look is similar to the coastal look of egg shell blues mixed with wooden furniture, but instead of deck chair stripes think pretty garden florals.
If you want to go the whole hog and transform a room into an outside retreat, the new wood panel wall mural from John Lewis will do the trick in an instant. Make sure that you only keep the panelling on one wall though as you want to create a statement rather than make it feel that you are sitting in a garden shed.
You may also want to watch:
For those who just want understated garden style, find some garden-inspired items to accessorise your home such as the real pebble magnets from Big Blue Sky in Wells or the bird coat hooks from Lisa Angel in Norwich, and put plants in pots meant for the outdoors.
It's all about getting the feel of the great outdoors.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
- 10 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
Bring the outside in with our pick of some of the best garden inspired home accessories in our online photo gallery. Just click the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.