Bring the outdoors inside
Forget about the risk of rain in Norwich, bring the outside in and enjoy garden life in your home, says EMMA HARROWING.
You don't have to wait until the summer to enjoy your garden, as natural materials, bird motifs and florals are fashionable for the home at the moment.
It's a trend that surfaces every year but this time bringing the outside in means a lot more than just laying a wooden floor and putting a few plants in pots.
The look is similar to the coastal look of egg shell blues mixed with wooden furniture, but instead of deck chair stripes think pretty garden florals.
If you want to go the whole hog and transform a room into an outside retreat, the new wood panel wall mural from John Lewis will do the trick in an instant. Make sure that you only keep the panelling on one wall though as you want to create a statement rather than make it feel that you are sitting in a garden shed.
You may also want to watch:
For those who just want understated garden style, find some garden-inspired items to accessorise your home such as the real pebble magnets from Big Blue Sky in Wells or the bird coat hooks from Lisa Angel in Norwich, and put plants in pots meant for the outdoors.
It's all about getting the feel of the great outdoors.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
Bring the outside in with our pick of some of the best garden inspired home accessories in our online photo gallery. Just click the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.