Bradshaw’s burst does the damage
Vauxhall Mallards captain Paul Bradshaw bowled his side to NDI Insurance NACO Cup final success with a devastating opening burst against archrivals Swardeston.
After Mallards had posted a modest looking 141 total in 48.4 overs man of the match Bradshaw ripped the heart out of Swardeston's reply to leave them facing humiliation on their home turf at 9 for 4.
The middle order tried to stage a recovery but the damage had been done by the former Norfolk paceman with three of his victims adjudged lbw.
Mallards, who knocked Swardeston out in the semi-final on their way to winning the Carter Cup by beating Horsford this season, went on to win by 51 runs. Richard Moores weighed in with 4 for 27 as Swardeston's reply ran out of steam.
Mallards' 141 total had featured several solid contributions down the order with Namibian international Gerrie Snyman topscoring with 38, David Turner hitting 26 and Richard Goodenough adding 23.
You may also want to watch:
Spinner Richard Sims was Swardeston's most successful bowler claming 4 for 27 from 10 overs. Sims (13) was one of only three Swardeston players to contribute double figures, along with Will Rist (26) and George Walker (19) as they were bowled out in 33 overs for 90.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home