Bradshaw’s burst does the damage
Vauxhall Mallards captain Paul Bradshaw bowled his side to NDI Insurance NACO Cup final success with a devastating opening burst against archrivals Swardeston.
After Mallards had posted a modest looking 141 total in 48.4 overs man of the match Bradshaw ripped the heart out of Swardeston's reply to leave them facing humiliation on their home turf at 9 for 4.
The middle order tried to stage a recovery but the damage had been done by the former Norfolk paceman with three of his victims adjudged lbw.
Mallards, who knocked Swardeston out in the semi-final on their way to winning the Carter Cup by beating Horsford this season, went on to win by 51 runs. Richard Moores weighed in with 4 for 27 as Swardeston's reply ran out of steam.
Mallards' 141 total had featured several solid contributions down the order with Namibian international Gerrie Snyman topscoring with 38, David Turner hitting 26 and Richard Goodenough adding 23.
You may also want to watch:
Spinner Richard Sims was Swardeston's most successful bowler claming 4 for 27 from 10 overs. Sims (13) was one of only three Swardeston players to contribute double figures, along with Will Rist (26) and George Walker (19) as they were bowled out in 33 overs for 90.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping