Bottoms up in Sprowston for wine tasting record attempt
It was a liquid breakfast on an epic scale as wine lovers put their palettes to the test and took part in a world record attempt.
This morning Sprowston Manor Hotel played its part a global attempt to get 25,000 people wine tasting at the same time.
The opportunity for a pre-lunch drink and free commemorative bottle drew 101 people to the venue's Norfolk Suite for the big moment at 11am.
At exactly the same moment, thousands up people in places as far ranging as Hong Kong and Australia joined them in their efforts.
Jackie Dove is a sales manager at Pieroth, an international wine group who organised the effort, which involved sampling an Italian red named Primitivo.
You may also want to watch:
She said that they hoped to beat the previous record of 17,000 people to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records.
'It was quarter of a glass so it was a wine tasting rather than a glugging, and wine is a social drink anyway so the atmosphere was really good.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
'We had hotel guests and staff taking part, and as people were leaving the hotel they were finding out about it. Word spread like wildfire.'
After the first tasting, the group then enjoyed sampling two other wines, including a German white called Burg Layer Schlosskapelle.