Book online to get your skates on at Norwich Ice Rink
- Credit: Archant
By the end of today, nearly 6,000 people will have skated on the Norwich ice rink since its opening a week ago.
The ice rink, sponsored by the Sleeping Beauty pantomime at Norwich Theatre Royal opened in Castle Mall gardens and will stay open until Sunday, January 7.
The rink is open every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Debbie Burrell, organiser of the rink, said: 'The ice rink has been really busy and it's been great. We're happy with how it's going. We're urging people to book tickets online to save disappointment.
'A lot of people have travelled in, only to turn up and be disappointed because they have been turned away.'
You may also want to watch:
Sessions on the rink last 45 minutes with a further 15 minutes designated for changing shoes. Tickets cost £12 for adults and £8 for children.
Sophie Urry works for the ice rink. She said: 'For health and safety reasons, we can only have a certain number of people on the ice at one time. We take 100 people every hour.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 9 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
Opening hours are from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
To secure your place on the rink book at icerinknorwich.co.uk