Book online to get your skates on at Norwich Ice Rink
- Credit: Archant
By the end of today, nearly 6,000 people will have skated on the Norwich ice rink since its opening a week ago.
The ice rink, sponsored by the Sleeping Beauty pantomime at Norwich Theatre Royal opened in Castle Mall gardens and will stay open until Sunday, January 7.
The rink is open every day apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Debbie Burrell, organiser of the rink, said: 'The ice rink has been really busy and it's been great. We're happy with how it's going. We're urging people to book tickets online to save disappointment.
'A lot of people have travelled in, only to turn up and be disappointed because they have been turned away.'
You may also want to watch:
Sessions on the rink last 45 minutes with a further 15 minutes designated for changing shoes. Tickets cost £12 for adults and £8 for children.
Sophie Urry works for the ice rink. She said: 'For health and safety reasons, we can only have a certain number of people on the ice at one time. We take 100 people every hour.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
Opening hours are from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
To secure your place on the rink book at icerinknorwich.co.uk