Local venues require booking for England v Columbia World Cup screenings
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
These venues have introduced measures to make sure screenings go smoothly ahead of England's next World Cup match.
Open Norwich are asking that patrons who want to be guaranteed entry for the live screening of England v Columbia on Tuesday pre-register on their website.
The match will be aired on 7m HD screens in a relaxed atmosphere and, if pre-ordered, fans can enjoy a burger and a beer for just £5 in total. Bookings are open now.
The Railway Tavern in Dereham has also made it a requirement to get a ticket ahead of their match screening.
Tickets are free but there will be no entry on the night without one. There is also a strict policy in place of no under 18s unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
You may also want to watch:
These measures have been introduced due to the huge popularity of the pub's World Cup stands, which the landlord, Paul Sandford, had built so the community could enjoy watching the tournament together.
He said: 'Please understand these steps have been taken for safety and licensing reasons. Thank you all for your incredible support.'
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
Regular patrons of the pub will have the earliest access to tickets from lunchtime today, tickets become available to members of the public in the local area from tomorrow.
England play Columbia in the final 16 knock-out rounds of the World Cup on Tuesday July 3. Kick-off is at 7pm.