Local venues require booking for England v Columbia World Cup screenings
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
These venues have introduced measures to make sure screenings go smoothly ahead of England's next World Cup match.
Open Norwich are asking that patrons who want to be guaranteed entry for the live screening of England v Columbia on Tuesday pre-register on their website.
The match will be aired on 7m HD screens in a relaxed atmosphere and, if pre-ordered, fans can enjoy a burger and a beer for just £5 in total. Bookings are open now.
The Railway Tavern in Dereham has also made it a requirement to get a ticket ahead of their match screening.
Tickets are free but there will be no entry on the night without one. There is also a strict policy in place of no under 18s unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
These measures have been introduced due to the huge popularity of the pub's World Cup stands, which the landlord, Paul Sandford, had built so the community could enjoy watching the tournament together.
He said: 'Please understand these steps have been taken for safety and licensing reasons. Thank you all for your incredible support.'
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
Regular patrons of the pub will have the earliest access to tickets from lunchtime today, tickets become available to members of the public in the local area from tomorrow.
England play Columbia in the final 16 knock-out rounds of the World Cup on Tuesday July 3. Kick-off is at 7pm.