Bomb disposal squad called out to Norwich
- Credit: Alison Derry
A bomb disposal van has been seen outside properties in Norwich.
Eyewitness Alison Derry was at home with her two children and saw a police car and the van on Sprowston Road when she went outside to put out some rubbish.
She took these photos shortly before 11.40am on Sunday.
The cause of the callout has yet to be confirmed.
The Sprowston Road resident said the van was around for about an hour before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
The mum of two said: "I have children in here and I was putting some rubbish out from Christmas this morning and saw the police car and the bomb disposal squad.
"I stayed inside and watched from the upstairs window. I was just curious what was going on."
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 8 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 9 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 10 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
Norfolk Police and the bomb disposal team have been asked for comment.