One-man band Bob Log III is set to play in Norwich
March 22 sees Bob Log III bring his very unique brand of punk rock blues all the way from Tucson, Arizona to the Norwich Arts Centre.
As a virtuoso slide player he leaves his thick guitar strings extremely loose to give him his unique ‘floppy’ sound.
Signed to maverick Mississippi blues label Fat Possum he takes to the stage with his face masked in a crash helmet with a black visor and a telephone wired in it for a mic whilst wearing a blue jump suit.
Bob then unleashes a torrent of hardcore Mississippi Delta blues, hip hop beats and punk rock. The crash helmet telephone distorts the vocals and his hands, arms, legs and feet become a blur of jump suit clad limbs as he plays slide, triggers drum machines and drums with his feet simultaneously.
Witnessing Bob Log live is an unmissable and unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
Expect audience participation as you try to decide whether rumours are true that his left hand was replaced by a monkey claw after amputation as a child.
In this current world of homogenised and mass marketed music, we need true mavericks like Bob Log III more than ever.
Tickets for the Norwich show are available for £13.50 from the Norwich Arts Centre website.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?