One-man band Bob Log III is set to play in Norwich
March 22 sees Bob Log III bring his very unique brand of punk rock blues all the way from Tucson, Arizona to the Norwich Arts Centre.
As a virtuoso slide player he leaves his thick guitar strings extremely loose to give him his unique ‘floppy’ sound.
Signed to maverick Mississippi blues label Fat Possum he takes to the stage with his face masked in a crash helmet with a black visor and a telephone wired in it for a mic whilst wearing a blue jump suit.
Bob then unleashes a torrent of hardcore Mississippi Delta blues, hip hop beats and punk rock. The crash helmet telephone distorts the vocals and his hands, arms, legs and feet become a blur of jump suit clad limbs as he plays slide, triggers drum machines and drums with his feet simultaneously.
Witnessing Bob Log live is an unmissable and unforgettable experience.
You may also want to watch:
Expect audience participation as you try to decide whether rumours are true that his left hand was replaced by a monkey claw after amputation as a child.
In this current world of homogenised and mass marketed music, we need true mavericks like Bob Log III more than ever.
Tickets for the Norwich show are available for £13.50 from the Norwich Arts Centre website.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults