Board game marathon is an inspired move
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Playing a board game is the staple of many a family Christmas and can often end up going on for hours and hours.
One group of gamers is planning to take that to the next level by playing for an entire day and night to raise money for a youth organisation.
Norwich-based charity The Base is holding an event called Dicing with Boardom which will be a 24-hour 'Boardgames-a-thon'.
Various games will be on offer, with everything from Monopoly and Scrabble to more obscure games like Munchkin Fu and King of Tokyo.
Damon Pritchard, the funding and communications officer for the organisation, said: 'You will be able to play with like-minded people in what will be really good sessions.
You may also want to watch:
'People are bringing their own games along and it would be great if others did too as we love finding new games.'
One participant is bringing along a game called Mage Knight which will last six hours, although organisers stepped in when someone was going to bring one which would last the whole 24 hours as that would take up too much stamina.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
'We plan to play one light game and one more heavy one after another so people can last the whole 12 or 24-hour session.'
Places cost £20 for 24 hours including food, £11 for 12 hours, or £6 for a drop-in session up to 6 hours and all the money raised will go straight back into the charity.
The event will run from 10am on Saturday, August 1 until 10am on the Sunday and will be held at The Base on Cecil Road, Norwich.
Do you have a story about a charity fundraising event? Email George Ryan at email@example.com