Board game marathon is an inspired move
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Playing a board game is the staple of many a family Christmas and can often end up going on for hours and hours.
One group of gamers is planning to take that to the next level by playing for an entire day and night to raise money for a youth organisation.
Norwich-based charity The Base is holding an event called Dicing with Boardom which will be a 24-hour 'Boardgames-a-thon'.
Various games will be on offer, with everything from Monopoly and Scrabble to more obscure games like Munchkin Fu and King of Tokyo.
Damon Pritchard, the funding and communications officer for the organisation, said: 'You will be able to play with like-minded people in what will be really good sessions.
'People are bringing their own games along and it would be great if others did too as we love finding new games.'
One participant is bringing along a game called Mage Knight which will last six hours, although organisers stepped in when someone was going to bring one which would last the whole 24 hours as that would take up too much stamina.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 8 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 9 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
'We plan to play one light game and one more heavy one after another so people can last the whole 12 or 24-hour session.'
Places cost £20 for 24 hours including food, £11 for 12 hours, or £6 for a drop-in session up to 6 hours and all the money raised will go straight back into the charity.
The event will run from 10am on Saturday, August 1 until 10am on the Sunday and will be held at The Base on Cecil Road, Norwich.
Do you have a story about a charity fundraising event? Email George Ryan at email@example.com