Board game marathon is an inspired move
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Playing a board game is the staple of many a family Christmas and can often end up going on for hours and hours.
One group of gamers is planning to take that to the next level by playing for an entire day and night to raise money for a youth organisation.
Norwich-based charity The Base is holding an event called Dicing with Boardom which will be a 24-hour 'Boardgames-a-thon'.
Various games will be on offer, with everything from Monopoly and Scrabble to more obscure games like Munchkin Fu and King of Tokyo.
Damon Pritchard, the funding and communications officer for the organisation, said: 'You will be able to play with like-minded people in what will be really good sessions.
You may also want to watch:
'People are bringing their own games along and it would be great if others did too as we love finding new games.'
One participant is bringing along a game called Mage Knight which will last six hours, although organisers stepped in when someone was going to bring one which would last the whole 24 hours as that would take up too much stamina.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 7 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 8 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 9 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 10 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
'We plan to play one light game and one more heavy one after another so people can last the whole 12 or 24-hour session.'
Places cost £20 for 24 hours including food, £11 for 12 hours, or £6 for a drop-in session up to 6 hours and all the money raised will go straight back into the charity.
The event will run from 10am on Saturday, August 1 until 10am on the Sunday and will be held at The Base on Cecil Road, Norwich.
Do you have a story about a charity fundraising event? Email George Ryan at email@example.com