Platinum-selling rock band Blue October are set to headline The Waterfront
- Credit: Courtesy of Chris Hewlett
Blue October, an alternative rock band from Texas, are heading out on their UK tour next month stopping at The Waterfront in Norwich on March 21.
Known for their shimmering melodies and heart-string pulling lyrics, Blue October boasts a powerful line-up of musicians.
Comprised of Justin Furstenfeld (lead vocals, guitar), Jeremy Furstenfeld (drums), Ryan Delahoussaye (violin, piano) and Matt Noveskey (bass), the band have charted ten singles over eight albums, receiving a number 1 position on both the Billboard Alternative Chart and the Independent Chart.
Frontman Justin Furstenfield has travelled a hard road since joining the band and his struggles and, ultimately, his redemption is the subject of a forthcoming documentary 'I Want It'.
'This decade long journal follows the band and phoenix-like implosion and spiritual immersion of their front-man, who was born with a genius like gift to create hit music' - IMDB.
The band have not only been busy with the documentary and preparation for their UK tour, but they also recently released their newest single 'I Hope You're Happy' which has had great feedback.
'I'm honestly more excited than ever to return to England,' explains frontman Justin about the tour.
- 1 'Grossly overpopulated': Fears over new 725 homes plan for city
- 2 New homes plan on woodland will cause 'irreversible' damage, locals warn
- 3 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 4 Barbecue takeaway finally reopens after 'pile of issues' with building
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I caught the dreaded Covid' says music legend after cancelled city gig
- 7 No arrests made after brutal attack which left girls with 'mental scars'
- 8 Rats invade city apartment block due to fly-tipping
- 9 Parcel thief in for a shock after nabbing mystery package from city home
- 10 Festive vintage bus offering free rides around Norwich this Christmas
'Everyone who knows me knows I grew up living and breathing bands from the UK like The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division, The Cocteau Twins, Stone Roses, and the list goes on and on. These artists taught me how to write and feel through music. I'm in love with the UK, now and forever.'
Tickets for Blue October's show in Norwich are available from the UEA Box Office for £27.50 advance.
March 2018 UK tour dates:
16 - O2 Ritz in Manchester
17 - O2 ABC in Glasgow
18 - Church in Leeds
20 - Concorde in Brighton
21 - The Waterfront in Norwich
22 - O2 Academy in Bristol
23 - O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire in London
24 - O2 Institute in Birmingham